Popular Post

Basketball-Thimphu

Dear Sir Thinley Wangkay Dorji,

I am glad and one of the recent followers of you after your World Championship at Ulanbataar, Mongolia this year.  It was a pride waves for tiny Himalayan Bhutan and an inspirational for many Gymnasium enthusiasts. I see you support and your love for football and equally enjoying basketball.  

Well, now with school children done with 2017 academic year and winter recess begun, I feel you have hands at least to be responsible as a world stage champ.   
I may be wrong and you would not be responsible to what I would like to make request on you. I am writing since you are in some way attached with these two institutions. Many would appreciate if you could bridge Basketball fanatics in Thimphu to Bhutan Olympic Committee and Thimphu Primary School Management.

Pardon me, it is not complain but the situation I faced myself and many others going through for some time. Basketball courts in Thimphu are limited and the most happening courts are Swimming pool and TPS. I have read once in news that the swimming pool in-house court is not safe anymore but open for game at players’ risk. At a similar stand TPS court does not have proper lighting in place and also do not provide Basketball.

Wangkay Sir, I witnessed you had to put up temporary tube light to brighten the sight at TPS recently for your game.  Since you could directly connect to TPS, my request to you would be to request TPS management to fix the flood lighting there. I bet a small raise in court fees from existing Nu: 500 (Normal Booking fees) and Nu: 700 (with Lighting) would not be an issue so long lighting ambience is there.

Bhutan Olympic Committee, if possible something as an institution could collaborate with Thimphu Primary School. I would not ask for more but some basketball and timer board to the least. Suggesting that the Bhutan Basketball Federation provide some basketball (free or at discounted price) and timer board and in turn TPS collect some nominal fees from every matches played and pay the federation.


I thank you TPS for having given room for some cardio for many. I wish Sir Wangkay could accept my request constructively. Anticipating a brightening change. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Buli Tsho

I am sorry it won’t be sensible unless you understand Khengkha. I have requested the caretaker do in Dzongkha, but he felt Khengkha would be...