Popular Post

Thank you: Roots, Orgyen Choling Monastery

This is not about my marriage plan. It’s not about #Bengaluru #football team and #SunilChettri in town. It is not even about complain i have on some issues in Thimphu.

Well i am posting to thank my roots, where I heard about night hunting prevalent but I did not experience myself. I am from UK not United Kingdom but Upper Kheng, a small village Tsheldang under Zhemgang Dzongkhag.

Festive season at our village running eventful, few ended and some in line and tomorrow we have a special religious event happening. It’s annual Tenda Tshechu at Orgyen Choling Monastery.  I have attended the same event earlier and it was like a growing kid showing different sets of characters each passing year. I am sure of the same caliber this year too.

I know our Nyakhar-Tsheldang Chiwog folks work so hard every year to bring in the feast of sight for Tenda Tshechu event. The sacrifice for this five days program from our villagers is immense, the Tshechu not only appease local deities but also brings in all people together. It’s a time those working away from home would go home, rejuvenate with the roots and have some local fun.

Unfortunate I am absent this year. So here I stand far away from home and sending my wishes and prayers to all my roots. Thank you. Also would like to wish happy Ruup Losar (Local Festival) to all the villagers and those residing abroad. Whoever reads this post of mine from my village, my request to you to pack me a kilo or two of our delicious PUTA.

Well it’s all about tomorrow’s program, Tenda Tsechu at Orgyen Choling Monastery. So sharing some insight I know and I want let others recognize something about my root has.

Orgyen Chholing Monastery stands at its pride as one of the beautiful pioneering monasteries in kheng Region. The monastery continues to thrive and practice the aged old Pedling tradition events all-round the year. To date several monks has graduated on conventional setup to undergo further studies at Gangteng Buddhist University. Located on the ridge top of two villages, the ambience for studies, live for monkhood is non-deniable. Khenpo Rigzin Wangchuk has been one of the many benefactors besides Gangteng Trulku contributing so far for the development. Recently a permanent Dorji Lopen and Teacher were appointed by His Holiness Gangteng Trulku to take up the management. The place is now connected with farm road unlike few years back. Thank you to Local, Dzongkhag and the Government.
The annual five days Lama Norbu Jatsho Tshokhor with unfurling of Guru Thongdrel will be presided over by Pedtseling Trulku this year. One could also witness Traditional mask dances and other Cultural bonanzas the entire duration. 
  
Requesting Nangkor Gewog Administration Gup and Administration officer Sir Ugyen Phutsho's presence to the event. 

Following photos are from previous years...


Unfurling of Guru Thongdrel 

Cheni Lhendup Rinpoche:The founder of Orgyen Choling Monastery

Guru Thongdrel at Orgyen Choling Monastery

Dramatse Ngacham





Khenpo, Lopens and Monks in one of the Tenda Tsechu's gathering 


    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Buli Tsho

I am sorry it won’t be sensible unless you understand Khengkha. I have requested the caretaker do in Dzongkha, but he felt Khengkha would be...