Popular Post

The Gasa Dzong Lake

I made a short visit to Gasa in the early year of 2018. The places and sights of small town are vivid. What wasn’t convincing was the Lake by the side of the Gasa Trashi Thongmon Dzong. Here is the link to my journal on my Gasa trip:


I am sharing the unacquainted information on the Landmark of the Gasa Dzong, the Beautiful Lake, I read in the book named “Seeds of Faith.” Some could relate, few may not consider and I added to my learning. It is about The Legend of Damchen Gomo:

Damchen Gomo is believed to be progeny of Rahula, the supreme Planet King, and the lake Goddess (Tso-men). Because of personal merits of his Parents, Damchen Gomo was filled with egocentric pride. A macho subject.  

When Drupthob Terkhungpa, potent with power and strength, tried to subdue Damchen Gomo, he transformed into an ant. Drubthop miraculously entered into the rectum of the ant, subdued and said to the Gomo, “Your place of dwelling is in the direction of Lhomon (Bhutan). You should go there.”  To this, Damchen Gomo requested drupthob, “since my mother is a lake Goddess, I need a lake to live in.” Then the Drubthop drank the lake in Tibet which was said to be mother of Damchen Gomo and spread/taken it out at the present site behind Gasa Dzong.

Gasa lake: Behind the Dzong 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Buli Tsho

I am sorry it won’t be sensible unless you understand Khengkha. I have requested the caretaker do in Dzongkha, but he felt Khengkha would be...